Client Consumers Energy
Location Holly, MI
Architect Pumford Construction
Consumers Energy Groveland Service Center facility?includes?approx. a?22,000 square foot Service Center building,?a 3,200 square foot Cold Storage building, and two Vehicle Ports.
- This project utilized 32,900 man hours during construction. This is the equivalent of employing?17 people full-time for an entire year.?
- The parcel was formerly used as a Consumers Energy gas training area and was re-developed by Pumford Construction (with the help of Rowe Professional Services Company) for the new Service Center facility.?
- Pumford Construction was awarded the design-build project in September of 2012, broke ground in October of 2012, and Consumers Energy moved into the facility in June of 2013.
- This building?has successfully?achieved Silver Level of Certification under the USGBC rating system.
- Due to the on-site sewage disposal system, a water recycling system was installed to reclaim the wash bay and garage grey water. This reduces the environmental impact?of the facility and translates into a point for innovation in design for LEED.?
- An on-site 75,000 gallon underground fire water storage tank which provides gravity head pressure to a fire pump which is located in the?basement. This tank?adds a robust?and reliable?life and safety component to the building.